If you’re anything like me, your purse tends to be a holding area for all of your…crap. I mean, really. I don’t tend to change my purse out as often as I’d like, so the stuff just piles up. Therefore, when Credit Card Insider asked me to participate in their “What’s in your purse?” campaign, I knew it would be a great excuse to actually clean out my purse and narrow down my 10 must-have items.
Here are the 10 items that I always have with me in my purse, no matter where I go. Sure, I have other go-to’s, like a notebook and pen, bobby pins, ibupofren, etc., but I can live without those things if I had to. These 10 things are crucial.
1. wallet – Obviously a girl needs her wallet: cash, credit cards, and ID are a must. Oh, and my froyo punch card. That’s probably the most important.
2. sunglasses – I can’t stand it when I’m out in the blazing sun and don’t have a pair of sunglasses, so I always have a backup pair in the inside pocket of my purse.
3. mirror – I don’t use a mirror often, but if I have something stuck in my teeth or need to re-apply my lip color, I definitely want a mirror on me. And yes, my compact has pictures of my dog. 🙂 I kind of love this one too because it looks just like Macgyver!
4. tissue – You never know when you’ll need a tissue. Seriously.
5. Band-aid Friction Block Stick – This stuff is magical. Really. If you have new shoes to break in or just a pair that habitually rubs, apply this stuff to the problem areas on your feet and ankles, and you don’t have to worry about blisters. I keep it in my purse because we all have those shoes that start off the day fine, but then start rubbing towards the end of the day. I never want to wish I had it on me.
6. lip balm – I’ll admit it: I’m a lip balm addict. I know it’s supposed to make your dry lips worse, but I don’t care. EOS mint is my current favorite.
7. lip color – I also like to have a lip color on me because sometimes you never know where your day will take you. Plus, it quickly helps you go from tired looking to pulled together if need be. I love Revlon lip butters because they’re light and smooth, but they still pack a mean punch in the pigment department.
8. hand sanitizer – I’m definitely not a germaphobe, but I like to have hand sanitizer in my purse for days that I’m out and about all day and just feel grimy, especially before eating!
9. lint roller – Sometimes my dog makes it impossible to look neat and tidy with his hair all over my clothes. A lot of times I’ll think I get it all, but then when I get to where I need to go, there’s more hair! Travel lint rollers are a lifesaver, especially for someone who likes to wear a lot of black.
10. phone – I mean, who can live without a phone these days? Enough said. (Like my phone case?)
So what’s in your purse? Am I missing anything important? Let me know what your go-to items are!
Tagged: 10 must-have items in my purse, credit card insider, credit card insider what's in your purse, Fossil Sydney Shopper bag, Kate Spade phone case, must-have items in my purse, what's in my purse?, what's in your purse?