Throwing an OOTD into the mix today. I haven’t posted an outfit in awhile, and this one is from a few months back (hence back to the summer’s ombre hair).
Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest // Facebook // Bloglovin // Poshmark //YouTube
As we were unpacking the last of the lingering boxes, I found these sunglasses that I’ve had for awhile. I never wear them, but for some reason on this day, I just had an itch to throw these retro shades on before we left the house. Speaking of retro, when is Mad Men coming back?? For reals. #randomthoughtoftheday
similar top // Loveappella Kacie swing skirt via Stitch Fix (similar option – also, here’s the same pattern from Loveappella in a midi pencil skirt) // somewhat similar flats // similar sunglasses // bag // similar necklace // lips: Revlon Lip Butter in “Cherry Tart“
PS: These shades are currently for sale in my Poshmark closet.
Now for Day 6 of the 12 Day Blogger Challenge: a quick list of what makes me tick aka pet peeves.
1. Unnecessary quotation marks. I was reading reviews of Sonoma hotels a few weeks ago, when I came across this: “At the club lounge, “Mike” was both entertaining and helpful – he was the highlight of our stay.” Why? Like did the writer believe that Mike was allegedly the employee’s name? I don’t get it, and I can’t stand it.
2. Incorrect apostrophe usage. The other day there was a sign in my apartment building that said, “Heads up: Camera’s were installed in the parking lot.” A of all, yay for the cameras, but B of all, apostrophes indicate possession. What exactly belongs to the cameras, pray tell?
3. When Brett doesn’t lock the door. I’m such a paranoid person. Like ridiculously so. Whenever I happen to pass to the front door and realize that it’s unlocked, I get so mad. I mean, we live in a secure building; one must have a key to enter, so there’s really no reason to be paranoid, but old habits die hard.
4. When someone responds to an email I send and he/she spells my name wrong. I’ve lived with people misspelling my name my whole life, so I’m used to it; however, when I send an email and sign it with the correct spelling, and the person replies to the email by addressing me with the wrong spelling, I just don’t get it.
5. “Dear Diary” Facebook posts. It’s super great that you woke up, had breakfast, washed your car, went to work, and oh, darn it, McDonald’s got your order wrong. Such a tough day you had, huh? I get wanting to vent, but that’s what blogs are for. Start a blog if you want to write about your day. Or hell, even Tweet it. Tweets are fleeting. Facebook page are pretty inescapable. Let’s be honest: most of us just want to see pictures of cats on Facebook.
6. When someone tells me I can’t do something. Unfortunately, I can be somewhat apathetic about some things, including my current quest for a new career path. Sometimes I’m just like, “Meh, que sera sera.” However, if someone tells me that I can’t do something, that I’m not capable, a flip switches, and I have to prove that person wrong. The same thing goes for if someone tells me I’m wrong about something, such as a piece of trivia. I immediately have to turn to the internet to prove that person wrong. Sometimes I am misinformed, but usually, I’m right. I’m always right.
What about you? Do you identify with any of my pet peeves? I know that I have so many more, but it’s funny that when you’re put on the spot, you can’t think of anything!
If you’re participating with me, link up below!
1. Participate each day. Latecomers welcome – start when you can!
2. Add your link(s) below.
3. Please mention in your posts that you are linking up with Quirky Britches’ 12 Day Blogger Challenge and provide a link.
4. Unfortunately, WordPress does not allow me to install a Widget, but make sure you check out the other fabulous bloggers through the link below!
If you’re not familiar, check out the 12 Day Blogger Challenge explanation post!