I don’t usually find myself doing “bloggy” things (if that makes sense) like this, but when Sari from The Sweet Life nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award,” I thought, why not? Plus, to be 100% honest, I had nothing planned for today, so this came at a great time! 😉
[[Here’s the Deal]]
“The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must complete five steps.
Steps to Accept the Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
(My link: http://sarissweetlife.blogspot.com)
2. List the rules and display the award logo in your post.
3. Add 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers you want to know better.
5. Follow the person who nominated you on bloglovin’.”
[[7 Facts about Me – In true QB fashion, 6 are true and one is a lie….figure it out. :)]]
1. My dad is friends with Dave Prowse, who played the body (not the voice) of Darth Vader in the original Star Wars movies. He came to Bloomington, IN (where I went to college) one night for a film showing, and I had dinner with him.
2. A few years ago, I had a very painful experience with stepping on sea urchins in the Dominican.
3. Though I covet high fashion, I’ve never owned an expensive bag (ie: Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs), with the exception of a Coach Outlet bag I got as a gift one year.
4. I take pleasure in discussing, practicing, and correcting grammar. Also parallel structure (if you get this, then we can be best friends).
5. I drink close to a gallon of water every day.
6. Though I love nothing more than a steaming hot cup of coffee, if I have a choice, then I typically choose iced coffee, even when I lived through terribly blustery winters in the Midwest.
7. I’ve celebrated Groundhog’s in Punxsutawney, Pa. In fact, it’s where I got engaged on February 2, 2012!
[[And my Lovely Nominations]]
>> Lauryn at Fit Awakening
>> Jinah at Heart and Seoul
>> Natasha at Bamboo Blossom
>> Megan at Hayes Days
*Please don’t feel obligated to participate in this – won’t hurt my feelings! Plus we’re not all new anyway! 🙂